Thursday 10 April 2014

OUGD502 - Life's A Pitch: Initial Branding Ideas

Following our last meeting, we all decided that we would all go away and come up with branding ideas and present them to each other over our Facebook group and when we got back after Easter.

I decided on doing a quick task on Illustrator to do the starting point of my idea for the branding.

I think we were all on the idea that we are a young, contemporary and fresh design company, so wanted the logo to reflect that.

I personally didn't think that the logo should be too complicated at all. Some contemporary style text and a simple icon. In some contemporary, bright colours. I think the use of an icon of some sort will be good as this is a small piece of design that we can use to brand on a variety of different media instead of having the full logo.

With this in mind I played around on Illustrator and came up with a possible idea:
I put this up onto the Facebook group for the others to see. Feedback from them was what I expected and knew in the fact that it was alright for a good starting point, but there is obvious room for improvement.

As a starting point I think it's alright, but I know that development is needed to get something a lot cleaner and professional. However I think doing this small task has given me an idea of what works and what doesn't work, as well as colours that we could potentially use.

I also don't think I should include the 'food and drink design', instead I should experiment with trying to use some kind of slogan or strap line that relates to us as a design company.

At this point I will definitely take a step back and learn from this, and draw out some more ideas I have and develop a couple of the stronger ones and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment