Tuesday 22 April 2014

OUGD502 - Life's A Pitch: Branding/Presentation Task

The task I had to do today is to visually represent the terms and conditions that I wrote to be shown in the presentation as we don't want there to be a lot of text.

Before doing this task, I did a few quick experiments into some branding ideas I had in terms of how our logo could be seen.

Caitlin had done a couple of ideas where the logo was over the top of a chicken and a fried egg, going with the egg theme, so I thought I would carry this on. She experimented with opacity, so I thought I would experiment with lightness and colour as this could help us get a more clear idea on branding four our company.
I shared these with the rest of the group before moving onto my task of visually representing the terms & conditions.

I started by experimenting with a few different ideas of how I can visually use the egg. I decided on using the '25% deposit' as the base as this is one that we discussed as a group and wanted to show as a quarter of the egg cut out. I wanted it to be obvious that the shape was still an egg, while showing the 25% well.
I shared the four ideas with the rest of the group for a bit of feedback. I personally like the second and fourth one as I think these are very simple, keep in with the colour and are still clear that it is an egg. The groups feedback was the same as mine, and I decided to use the fourth idea.

From this I then tried a few variations of the faded colour to see what worked best.
I decided on using the colour at 40% tint as this seemed to contrast the full colour well.

I then went about creating very simple designs to represent the terms and conditions. I first read over them and decided which points were the ones that were the important ones and should be included in the presentation.

The way I wanted to do it was to create a few general designs which represent areas of the terms and conditions, and then combine them to make up the individual conditions.

Designs created:
Three changes allowed:
No designing/ no anything etc:
Money:
Copyright:
Time:
25%:
Signed contract/signature etc:
At this point I think that I have created the designs necessary to show a few of the more important terms and conditions in the presentation. I will have to run it all by the rest of the group and make changes if necessary tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment