Tuesday 3 December 2013

OUGD504 - Print Final Crit

Today's crit was the final crit for the 'What Is Design For Print?' brief. For this I brought the mock-ups of my final outcomes for this brief.
This included:
  • Process Flowcharts
  • Format Posters
  • Stock Concertina
  • Book Binding Cards
  • Colour Cards

Mock-ups
For this crit we were split into two groups, where one will leave their work and the other group will crit it anonymously. We were told to write down a number of questions which we specifically wanted feedback on.
My questions:
  • In the book binding cards - Should I keep the stock as it is, with the white stock for text & yellow for the image, or should I have the whole page in one stock colour?
  • In the stock concertina - Should I use white stock or yellow?
  • In stock concertina - Should I keep the black card on the back?
  • In stock concertina - Does the booklet need samples/something else other than text?
Crit Layout
Crit Feedback
Overall the feedback was constructive and helpful. I will definitely take the comments on board that were made. Comments were that I should stick with the stock choices for the book binding sheets and that I should keep the black on the back of the concertina.
Aside from this helpful feedback, the general feedback was that I had a good concept which was interesting and interactive for the reader/user. There were also a couple of comments made on how to improve a couple of points of design, which I will definitely look into.
Although I didn't like the format of this crit as it is anonymous and people criting it don't know the full picture and reasons behind the outcomes, I found that it did answer the specific questions truthfully and fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment