Friday 24 October 2014

OUGD602 - Studios/Placement

As part of this year we have to do at least two weeks worth of placements (10 working days). In preparation for this I have created a portfolio (seen in earlier posts) and am currently working on extra printed collateral to go with that.

The main thing I need to do at this point is choose design studios/agencies that I want to send my portfolio to.

Right now I have 10 portfolios printed. I would like to keep one for myself, which I can take with me when visiting studios etc. and I would like to keep a second so I can send it to a designer I worked with on my placement at Leo Burnett, as he wanted to see it, and I think he would give me some break feedback for it and how I can improve my portfolio as a whole.

The first step in this is looking at design studios as a whole that I like the work of, and if travel expenses wasn't an issue, where would I like to go. I then need to narrow these studios down to the ones that I would definitely consider places I want to go.

Studios I like:

UK
Pentagram - Global - London

Here Design - London

Robot Food - Leeds

Project53 - Leeds

Bread Collective - London

Fieldwork - Manchester

Analogue - Leeds

Wieden+Kennedy - Global - London

Leo Burnett - Global - London

Alt Design - Derby

The Touch Agency - Edinburgh 

why not associates - London

Sawdust - London

Build - London

Bunch - London

Maddison Graphic - Norwich

SocioDesign - London

Europe
NEO NEO - Switzerland

BVD - Sweden

Experimental Jetset - Amsterdam, Netherlands

Heydays Design Agency - Oslo, Norway

Bureau Rabensteiner - Austria

Hartmann und Zeiger - Germany

US
Official Manufacturing Company (OMFGCO) - Portland, Oregon - USA


Studio MPLS - Minneapolis - USA

Cabin - Pasadena, CA - USA

Wedge & Lever - San Diego, CA - USA

Project Projects - New York, NY - USA

Anagrama - Mexico

Asia/Australia
Bravo Company - Singapore

ACRE - Singapore

BLOW - Hong Kong

Brand Culture - Australia

Inhouse - New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment