Sunday 19 October 2014

OUGD602 - Potential Client Brief - Unique Muscle

Unique Muscle
Today this client sent me a message asking for me to design some labels for three new products that they have.

This is the first time I've been approached by a client without previous contact so it was a bit of a surprise, but a welcome one.

After reading over the brief they sent, I think that it is right up my street, especially with the examples they sent of designs which they like. I will be designing for labels to be stuck onto packages, as shown in the examples below. There are three different materials for the packages so the label needs to work over all three of them. The design must be simplistic and effective.

Examples:
Celebrate Health

12 Health
12 Health

On the Celebrate Health packaging the client likes the boldness of the imagery and the white text over the top of it. On the 12 Health packaging the client likes the overall simplicity.

Current product ranges by Unique Muscle:
Their current products are visually very different. The first has a much more stereotypical approach to protein shakes etc. and the second has a much more young and contemporary feel to it. These, along with their website gives me the feeling that the client is currently trying to get a more contemporary look about the company.

I have sent the client a series of questions to help me in the initial designing stage of this brief, and help me decide on a quote for the work.

I am currently waiting to hear back from the client, but hopefully this brief will be enjoyable and I will be able to create something that I'm proud of and happy with.


UPDATE - 30/10/14

At this point the client still hasn't got back to me on this and it has been almost two weeks, I am assuming that this is not happening anymore. This is quite annoying as I'd taken the time to look over it all and make initial ideas, however it does mean I can now focus on briefs that I want to do and not worry about another client. I'll keep an eye out for any activity from the client, but I am pretty certain it's not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment