Friday 1 May 2015

OUGD602 - Studio: Parallax

Parallax is a web design agency based in Leeds and London. I first came across them because I saw on the Thompson Brand Website that they are the ones who built it.

Website

I really like the look of this agency because it's really contemporary and was only established in 2010, so it's current. With it being fairy new, I was surprised to see they had quite large clients, such as British Airways, East Coast and Dyson.


British Airways


We created software allowing BA to load and change their advertising visuals on huge LED billboards remotely. The software runs on a Mac Mini for each billboard and campaigns can be scheduled with minimal updating. 
This software includes a web app which detects if there are any issues with the displays, sending a text message should any of the billboards fail so that any issues can be corrected promptly.





Nespresso

We worked with Nespresso’s existing assets to create something in line with their current brand guidelines, which would help them stand out and draw in crowds above the multiple brands competing for attention at the event. 
We flew out to Berlin to install the iPads at the Nespresso stands in person, located next to their range of exciting products. The visitor feedback was that the app really added wow factor to Nespresso’s display.


I think its clear that this is a really innovative and creative agency, and it also seems really friendly too, which is a plus.

I noticed they have a job up for a UI/UX designer in Leeds, and I think that this would be something really good for me to apply for, especially following how much I enjoyed working in this area on my placement at Cool Beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment