Friday 22 May 2015

OUGD602 - End Of Module Evaluation

The PPP module has never been one which I have enjoyed in the previous years, however I think the self-directed development in this module is definitely something which has benefitted me. I definitely think PPP has become so much more useful this year and has helped shape me as a designer and not be afraid of going out and continuing a future in design.

Moving into third year I was very set on developing my self branding straight away as it was something that I was very unhappy with in the first and second year. I think this year I really realised how important it is and how it can be used. Previously it was just something to complete the module, but now I see it as a key component to my practice and representing myself as a designer. Developing this from the beginning of the year allowed me to try a huge variety of ideas and be able to create the end products which I am very happy with and feel are strong.

This module is also the push I needed to get a placement and start engaging with the industry. My two week placement at Cool Beans Creative was hugely enjoyable and made me realise how much I enjoy working in Web and App design. I think that this placement was a turning point for my design practice. Before going on this placement I hadn't been particularly confident in web/app design, and in this placement I was doing it every day, and developed my skills in this area a huge amount to the point where I am very confident in my ability in this area now, to the point where I have completed a second App project in my Extended Practice.

The main negative in this module is that I don't think I engaged with the industry quite as much as I would have liked to, and it is definitely something I regret. I have seen how positive engaging is and will definitely think about this as I move forward.

Overall I have found this module to be enjoyable because of how self-directed it. I think that I have grown as the module has progressed and I have a very clear idea of the way I want to represent myself and the work that I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment