Friday 15 February 2013

OUGD406 - Design Is About Doing Crit

Secret7" Practice

We got into groups for the crit and spoke through our ideas. I presented the 30 thumbnails, 5 final variations & the colour variations for each.

30 Thumbnails


5 variations

The feedback I got was that it was useful to have the colour variations I had done, as it gave them an idea of how the piece worked in general, and how the other colours looked so the colours showed in the final 5 didn't drive their complete opinion of the piece.
Their opinions were mixed, ideas 1, 2 & 4 being the favourite three.
They all agreed that idea 2 was interesting because it was so different to the other 4 and didn't reply on geometric shapes, relying on the concept of it instead. However my personal opinion clashed with theirs, as I was not a fan of it because I didn't feel it was as clean and professional as the others.
They were not a fan of the blue used, but did like the red & yellow used in the others, & they liked the spirograph idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment