Monday 18 February 2013

OUGD406 - Design is About Doing Evaluation

Overall I wasn't so keen on this brief, due to the fact that the songs were limited and I didn't really like any of them, which I found to be an issue when it came to designing appropriate artwork.
I chose to do the song by Jessie Ware, and because of its repetitive nature I decided upon using geometric shapes and patterns.
I think my ideas generation and concept was better than how I produced it. I don't feel my final outcome was very strong or visually what I wanted to create. I think in the future I will not sacrifice elements of design because I like one certain element and want to include it. In this case it was the spirograph pattern. When using it, I thought it was a good idea, but now looking back at it I do feel it did deter my final outcome and I should have perhaps worked on some of the other variations of the cover I came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment