Wednesday 5 November 2014

OUGD602 - Potential Client Brief - AirBnB Style

Today I was contacted about putting together a web app for an app like AirBnB. Little information was given initially but once I asked, more was given. I was a little apprehensive at first as the client said they wanted to use a Bootstrap Theme. This is nothing I have heard of before.

I asked Ant White what this was because he knows a large amount about building websites and it wasn't actually anything he'd heard of either, but he helped me in finding out what it was. It seems to be a website builder which uses HTML5 and CSS.

While it is great to be asked to be involved in a brief, I certainly don't have the experience to be able to build a web app from code for them. I explained to the client that I could certainly design a website for them but they would need to get a coder to code it for them. The client replied and said that their head engineer might get in contact. I'm not too sure what this means in terms of my involvement of the brief but I am hoping they might move forward with my suggestion, but we'll have to wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment