Wednesday 28 January 2015

OUGD602 - Studio Brief 2: Portfolio Photographs

The photographs below are of the finished portfolio, printed and bound. I have done two copies at this point.

Coptic bound.
GF Smith Stock for the interior pages, with printed mount board for the covers.
Measures to: 200x280mm.

Overall I am pleased with how these portfolios have turned out. The only issue I have is that the paper is a bit thinner than I thought, and in a lot of light, you can clearly see through to the work on the previous page. The binding does take a while, so if I am to produce more I need to set aside some time for this. There are a few slight printing issues with blurring of the edges of some images, however this is minimal, but is something I need to consider when printing more. I think the binding gives a hand-made feel to the portfolio, which contrasts against the clean and simple layout, showing both sides to my design practice.

















No comments:

Post a Comment