Wednesday 28 January 2015

OUGD602 - Placement Visit: Cool Beans Creative

Today I visited Cool Beans Creative, a web design agency in Leeds, with the hopes of gaining a two week placement with them.

Link

I took my newly finished portfolio along to show them the sort of work I had created up to that point. I was looking forward to it because I had just finished an App project and had improved my skills in digital design through this brief.

The meeting went really well, and they were great people. I was offered a two weeks placement and it was agreed that I will start this on the 9th March for two weeks. I would have liked to have done it sooner, but with PPP presentations soon and an upcoming group brief where 5 industry creative directors involved, I didn't want to miss these. It also gives me a bit of time to experiment further with web/app design and hopefully have a bit more confidence and experience in this skill before starting the placement.

I'm really looking forward to it and I think it'll be a good break from uni work and allow me to work on fresh briefs which are things that I might not have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment