Tuesday 28 May 2013

OUGD402 - End Of Module Evaluation


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
The main skill I have developed in this module is in research & development as a practicing designer. This module has shown me how to effectively collect research and specifically pick out the pieces that are relevant and important. I have also learnt about developing myself as a designer and how this research contributes that.

2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

My approach to briefs has changed because of this module. Instead of jumping straight into a brief with trying to produce an outcome, I now take a step back and look into research first, to see what has already been created and where there is a niche. It has helped me think about my work more creatively and incorporate small ideas that I have seen in other peoples work.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
My strength in this module was definitely producing the final practical outcome in the form of the promotional pack. Creating something with a few different elements is something I enjoy to do and will continue to capitalise on this in future briefs instead of focussing on creating maybe just one or two outcomes.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
My weaknesses in work definitely lie in the evaluation and analysis element of this module. I find I am quite good at finding design examples, but when it comes to writing about them, I find it difficult and tedious to do. In the future I will do it one step at a time and aim to pay more attention to this side of things in the tasks.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

  • Pay more attention to the principles we are learning
  • Research more often
  • Go to different sources for research
  • Expand upon ideas and try make them more original
  • More gallery/museum visits
All five of these are key to my development as a designer, and although I do feel I have started to accomplish these aims, I do feel that I got into doing them too late this year, and will definitely work on keeping them consistent throughout the next year. Doing these will allow my work to be more contextual with backed up information/design decisions, giving them a lot more meaning and stance in the design world.


No comments:

Post a Comment