Friday 26 April 2013

OUGD406 - Speaking From Experience Final Crit 26.04.13

In this crit we were put into small groups and had to give a short presentation of our work, and say specifically what we wanted feedback/help on.

As my content was finished, my queries were on the stock choices. I had already chosen the stock to use for the coloured sheets.
Coloured stock chosen
However I was having trouble choosing out of the four stock types I had chosen for the main pages.
Stock Choices
The print quality was all the same on each, but I was having trouble choosing between them. I had already ruled the Grey Marl (3) out as the red made the paper seem a bit of a green colour and it didn't go with the burgundy stock at all when this happened.
My initial thought was between the two lighter stocks, Antique White (2) & Bulky Newsprint (4), but I was unable to decide, and I did like the texture of the sugar paper (1).
The feedback was mixed about the stock choices, evenly spread across the three, so we had a discussion about it and worked it around the burgundy stock.
Like me, people liked the texture of the sugar paper, but when it came to which went the best with the coloured stock, it was between the antique white and bulky newsprint as they were both white and clear. In the end the majority decided upon the bulky newsprint as it was a smoother stock.
Other feedback given was that on the section definition page. The text is in the same point size as on the designer pages, however as it is on coloured stock, which is quite dark, people found it was quite hard to read and suggested trying out different point sizes for it.
Overall I found the crit useful and think we all helped each other out a great deal. Doing a crit in a smaller group, where we can say exactly what we want feedback on is definitely a lot better than people just telling you what they think. I found it was helpful and specific and told me what I needed to know, and not make me think about design decisions that they have questioned because of their own opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment