Tuesday 11 December 2012

OUGD405 - Self Evaluation: Printed Text & Reading

What role(s) did you take on in the group?
  • I created the typeface which was used throughout the project.
  • I also put this together with the illustrations to create the designs to go on the wall as the murals.
How well do you think you performed in the role(s)?
  • I think I performed well in this role & got everything done to a good standard.
How well do you think you worked as a group?
  • I think we worked well as a group & produced a large amount of work which benefited from everyones skills.
What were the positives of working in a group?
  • Can get more done in a shorter amount of time
  • More ideas
  • Greater range of skills/styles of work
What were the negatives of working in a group?
  • Communication
  • Keeping a consistency
  • Having a key role for everyone without complicating the project
What will you do differently next time?
  • More research into wether it works/will work
  • Actually applied the designs to the walls
Where could you have improved your resolution?
  • Used different/more practical printing material
  • Expanded the typeface to numbers & uppercase
  • Prepared/research a bit more
What were the strengths of your presentation?
  • Everyone created their own slides for their work
  • Everyone had their own part to say - we were all equal
  • Large body of work
  • Showed everyones contribution
  • Powerpoint was very visual

Overall I feel I contributed quite a lot to this project. By creating the typeface, it was used on everything that was produced and essentially made the rest of the group dependent on me when it came to the text and keeping it consistent and fit with the style we were going for.
The target audience was kids, so with the typeface I created I had to make it easy to read and not too clinical. By taking a sort of Bauhaus and perfect curves direction for it, I believe I did this. I managed to get it created and imported as a typeface within a few days so it gave everyone the opportunity to work with it . If I wasn't on such a time constraint, I would have liked to have thought about creating numbers and uppercase as it would help with the overall look of the text, however I do think the lowercase text did work on its own and was still easy to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment