Thursday 12 February 2015

OUGD602 - Cargo Collective

Today I set up my own Cargo Collective website. This is because I decided that having my own website and domain name is something that I think will help me in moving forward as a creative professional and not just a student anymore. At this point I have had my Behance page for about a year now and have enjoyed using that.


Through Cargo, there is the option to purchase a domain name through a site they recommend. I definitely want my own domain name instead of it to be cargocollective/emilylodge. That doesn't scream professional.


Following the purchasing of my domain name, I began to customise my site. The good thing about Cargo is that there are a large amount of options in customisation, but it is still very easy to use. I went through a wide variety of styles before settling on the one I will be using.


At this point in time there is still a lot to do to complete the website and decide how I want to display the first page of the website. I haven't decided if I want the front page to be different, or for it to just link directly to the work page.

No comments:

Post a Comment